Data Version 3.3
This is the data version 3.3. The highest major version is 3, and the highest minor version is 3.
To use the major version, you can use
^3. To use it as a minor version, you can use
This data version was released August 3, 2023.
- WRAP: dataset with scope 3 food & drinks related emission factors, most of them for the UK, while some of them are covering the whole globe and others are representative just for France or Europe.
- EPA: activity-based data update for year 2023 covering sectors such as Transport, Fuel and Waste
- EPA eGRID: electricity supplier mix data for the US eGRID subregions.
- AIB: 2023 electricity data (total supplier mix, production mix & residual mix) for the European countries
- EEI: electricity supplier and residual mix data for specific suppliers in the US
- ClimateTRACE: emission factors for various categories within the Materials & Manufacturing sector across several countries worldwide.
- Green-e: electricity residual mix data, covering the US eGRID subregions.
- Some EXIOBASE emission factors that were considered as outliers have been further examined and added in the database without being flagged anymore.
This list only covers major changes that cover 100+ emission factors. Changes covering a smaller subset of emission factors, or changes such as name or description changes are not listed. Find a link at the end of this document to a structured table listing all changes.
Over 1200 BEIS and UNFCCC emission factors that previously had
unknown now properly has their LCA activity set to
All the AIB emission factors have been marked with a methodological flag because the source does not clarify if the kgCO2e value is calculated using either IPCC Fourth Assessment Report (AR4) or IPCC Fifth Assessment Report (AR5) methodologies.
source_dataset that the GEMIS emission factors had, was previously
GEMIS model and database, but the version is now specified, so it is
GEMIS model and database v5.0
Three EXIOBASE factors were removed in this data release, because Climatiq's outlier detection has detected that they're so different from similar emission factors, to be unusable:
heat_and_steam-type_steam_hot_water_supply_servicesfor East Europe and Iceland
If there are any emission factors you cannot find, please feel free to reach out.