Data Version 6.6
This is the data version 6.6. The highest major version is 6, and the highest minor version is 6.
To use the major version, you can use
^6. To use it as a minor version, you can use
This data version was released November 16, 2023.
- We have added the new EPA spend-based data, released in 2023 and valid from 2019
- We have added 2023 BEIS data for refrigerant gases
- We have added worldwide electricity generation and upstream data from IEA available with an additional license.
This list only covers major changes that cover 20+ emission factors. Changes covering a smaller subset of emission factors, or changes such as name or description changes are not listed. Find a link at the end of this document to a structured table listing all changes.
The LCA activity for the UNFCCC factors were wrong before, and they are now updated to reflect the correct LCA activity
The Climate TRACE activity unit for 32 paper-related emission factors was previously listed as
kg CO2e/kg, but the correct unit is
This has been fixed, and will lead to lower estimations using these factors.
- We have removed outdated ADEME electricity data.
- We have removed 3 electricity emission factors from DISER. We now utilize the up-to-date dataset published by the Clean Energy Regulator, a division of the Australian Government, to gather electricity generation data for specific Australian subregions.
If there are any emission factors you cannot find, please feel free to reach out.